I was nominated for the Sunshine award back when I was still on hiatus. It kind of makes me feel bad, because I didn’t come on and still got nominated.
Thank you to Nikki from ニッキーのオタク and Fiddletwix from The Anime Madhouse for nominating me for the Sunshine Award. I discovered these two blogs after finding out that they were doing the 30 Day Anime Challenge. I believe we were all doing it at the same time, so it was fun seeing their answers.
Alright, with that out of the way, here’s what I have to do:
Thank the person who nominated you.
Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
Nominate a few other bloggers.
Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
Notify the bloggers on their blog.
Put the award button on your blog.
Alright, time to answer some more questions!
First up is Fiddletwix‘s questions:
1. What first drew you into the anime fandom?
I grew up watching animes without knowing that they’re animes, so I’ve always been a fan of the genre. I suppose Sailor Moon and Dragonball Z made me more of an active fan of it though.
2. What’s one anime that sticks close to your heart?
Samurai Champloo was one of the first animes I watched subbed and it was just fantastic.
3. Has an anime ever made you cry? If so, which one and why? (Mark spoilers!)
I cry easily when I watch stuff, so yes there have been a few that have had me teary. I think the one that was most memorable was the scene in Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, because it was a horribly depressing scene that had me choked up for awhile.
4. Do you collect anime merchandise? If so, what’s your favorite type of merchandise?
I don’t collect merchandise, because I’m conscious about how I spend money….basically, I’m cheap and I can’t justify spending 30+ dollars for a figurine or whatnot. If I had a good reason to buy it I would though. I just haven’t found that reason yet.
5. What’s your most hated/disliked anime?
It would be a tie between School Days and Code Geass. School Days was just stupid and with Code Geass I went into it expecting a psychological anime akin to Death Note and it wasn’t even close to it.
6: A character that nearly ruined an anime that you like?
Mari from Samurai Flamenco. I really hated her character, because she didn’t really grow or become a better person. She just remained annoying and full of herself.
7: What’s your favorite type of show to discuss on your blog?
Shows that sound fun and will provide me with things to talk about. 🙂
8: Are you a fan of Japanese music?
I don’t really listen to much music. I use to be fairly into Jpop and Jrock, but maybe it’s because I’m getting older…it just seems like nothing sounds as good as it did back in the good old days. (which was just a few years ago lol)
9: Have you every been to Japan or plan to go?
I’ve never been there, but I’d love to visit one day.
10: What anime show or movie would you pick to show to someone who has never been exposed to anything anime in order to show them how cool it can be?
Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. I think most people only see shows like Dragonball Z, One Piece, Naruto, and Sailor Moon and think “Ah, so this is anime.” And then they’ll look at you weird and might think of you as a kid or something…Since animes cover a wide array of topics and genres, I think Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 is a great one that will get people to see that. Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo is another good one as well, especially if you’re a fan of the books.
And now Nikki‘s questions:
1. What, or who, makes you genuinely smile?
Animals being animals and nature untouched by people. Babies laughing for no reason too.
2. What’s one of your favourite books or films that you’d like to see turned into anime? (I’m asking this because I’d be so thrilled if anybody ever thought to turn the Harry Potter books into an anime series…perhaps without the loopholes in the story).
I’d love to see Pan’s Labyrinth turned into an anime. I think that might be a fun one to see.
3. What’s your catchphrase? (or a couple of them, if you can’t choose)
I don’t know if I have one. I do like saying Cool Beans, so I guess I’ll go with that.
4. If, at the moment you are reading a book, write the line you last read; if you’re listening to a song, write the line that’s being sung; if you’re doing neither of these, write one of your favourite quotes, be it from an anime or book or film or anything, really.
I just started Wayward Pines, so the last line is: “In the highest, shadowed mountain nooks, pockets of snow lingered, but down here in the valley, it was warm, the sky above a deep and cloudless cobalt.”
5. What’s the weirdest déjà vu you’ve ever experienced? (Yes, they’re all weird by nature, I know).
I don’t really have weird ones. Sometimes I’ll have a dream that I’m doing something and it happens many months later. Then I’ll say, “Woah! I just remembered that I had a dream that I was doing this.” It will make me feel awesome, then sad since my déjà vu was for something mundane like grabbing salt or a spoon.
6. What’s the last thing you do before going to bed? (Please don’t think of pervy stuff!)
Bed or sleep? If it’s bed, then turning off the lights would be the last thing I do. If it’s sleep, then closing my eyes.
7. What’s an anime series that’s very close and dear to your heart, due to someone you have watched it with? (If you can’t choose one, you’re allowed two, but no more than that)
Sailor Moon was one of the first anime series that I saw and thought, “Wow this is awesome!” And everyone else in my family thought this as well. Including my mom and she thinks anime is just for kids.
Here are the blogs that I nominate:
And here are some questions for you to answer:
1. What did you want to be when you grow up?
2. Is that what you’re trying to become, or did your career path change?
3. What are three things that are a must when choosing an anime/drama to watch?
4. What is the number one thing that can ruin a show for you?
5. Do you enjoy sports? If so, what is your favourite to play and watch?
6. If a genie appeared and said that it could grant you one wish, what would you wish for?
7. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would you change and why?
8. What are your top three favourite Western shows?
Woo! That took two months for me to do….so for those nominated don’t feel pressured to answer these questions right away.