I’m so bad with these. I was nominated by Taigareview from My Otaku Reviews, Junny from Yay, Panda! on a Tamaki Hiroshi high, and Ikurate from Ikurate. Taiga’s blog is more anime based, while Junny blogs about dramas, and Ikurate is the place you want to go to if you love kdramas and want to see what see how other bloggers feel about a show and its episodes. Definitely check all three out as they offer three very different, but great experiences.
Thank you Taiga, Junny and Ikurate for the award! I apologize that I’m getting to this so late. To be honest, it’s kind of weird getting awards because I’m a bad blogger and take breaks every so often. Plus, I’m still slightly awkward about this whole blogging thing, but I’m thankful.
The goal of this award is to introduce your readers to different blogs, which is something I can definitely get behind.
Liebster Award Rules
1. Thank and link back your nominator.
2. Answer 11 questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate 5-11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on Taiga’s blog is said 1000).
4. Create 11 new questions to ask your nominees.
5. Let your nominees know that you have nominated them via social media/blogs.
Seems easy enough, so let’s get started and answer 33 questions!
First up are Taiga’s questions:
1. Why do you like anime?
Wow, I didn’t think the answer to this would be hard. I’ve been watching animes since I was a kid, so it’s something I grew up with. I don’t really think there’s a profound reason why I like anime, I just watch it because I enjoy the stories and characters.
2. Do you have a favorite Seiyuu (Voice Actor/Actress)?
I don’t know if I have a favourite, but I do like me some Sugita.
3. What is your favorite food?
Lasagna. You can never go wrong with a lasagna and its super hard to mess up.
4. Japanese Anime or American Animation? and why?
I do watch more Japanese animation, but I do enjoy both. Sometimes I feel like anime watchers have a bad view on American animation, which is kind of unfair. There are even some people who might bite your head off if you say that animes are just Japanese cartoons. To them, cartoons are inferior and Western, while animes are beautiful.
Seeing as I grew up watching animes and Canadian/American cartoons, and still watch them today, I think there’s value in both mediums. I mean, Adventure Time is fantastic, and Arthur is still a classic to me. ReBoot, a Canadian CGI show from the 90s, is one of my all time favourite cartoons. Which is why I’m horrified, but intrigued by the reboot of ReBoot that’s currently in the works. Apparently they’re going to introduce humans into the show. Ugh. What a horrible idea that is.
…ah, but to answer your question I do watch more animes so Ill go with Japanese Anime.
5. What is in your opinion the most important thing in an anime?
Entertainment value and plot. If I’m not enjoying the show and if the plot is stupid, then there’s no point in watching it.
6. Have you ever cried over an anime?
…yes, but never when people are around.
7. Who are your top 5 (Male and Female) characters?
I can’t just pick five. I like Seki from Tonari no Seki-kun, Chi-Chi and Future Trunks from the Dragonball series, Sailor Mars…from the original, Kyuubey from Madoka, Itoshiki and Kafuka Fuura from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei….there’s more, but these are the first ones that popped into my head.
8. Name 5 anime characters you hate the most?
- Sasuke from Naruto. He’s a fan favourite, but I never really liked him and he became an irrational spoiled brat as the series went on. In the end he gets better and I did finish the series liking him, but I’ll still add him to this.
- Yahiro from Guilty Crown. I know most would pick Shu, but I thought Yahiro was the worse person on this show. He was the catalyst for everyone turning on Shu and never owns up to his crimes.
- Mari “Flamenco Diamond” Maya from Samurai Flamenco. I really hated her and was over the moon when she didn’t end up with Goto.
- I want to say Makoto from School Days, because if there’s a guy you want to punch it’s him. It’s definitely him! But I think everyone on that show was pretty horrible. So all of them, I guess.
- Lelouch from Code Geass, then again I didn’t really like this anime to begin with and dropped it so…
9. What do you think of the world today?
Sad, because of what we’ve done to each other and the planet, but also uplifting because there’s so much wonder and beauty in nature.
10. What are your hobbies?
I enjoy reading, photography and baking. I also like gaming and dancing to imaginary tunes when no one is watching and then thinking that I’m a fantastic dancer,
when I’m really not.
11. Do you believe in magic?
And now on to Junny’s questions:
1. What do you look for in (drama) blogs to read/follow?
The main thing I look for is a blog that isn’t afraid of saying what they don’t like in a drama. It’s okay to be a fangirl/fanboy, but if the entire blog is like that then I’d feel like they’re not really sharing their thoughts on the show.
2. Do you have a favourite OTP and why?
I don’t think I do, only because I don’t really watch romance shows.
3. Have you developed any particular style of writing/recapping/reviewing over time?
I never really thought about it. I did change the way I do five-line reviews and my first impressions, only because I wanted more structure and…it’s hard writing out my thoughts in five lines only.
4. How do you keep the blogging momentum going?
5. Do you drink? If so, what is your favourite drink?
I use to enjoy a nice cold glass of chocolate milk, but my drink of choice would be mango juice mixed with guava juice. It’s pretty amazing. It’s super smooth and when served chilled it becomes the perfect refreshment after a long day’s work.
6. If you could ask your favourite actor/actress a question, what would it be?
Is it weird when fans come up to you and only call you by your character’s name? And do they sometimes talk to you as if you were the character and not as the actor?
7. Which country’s dramas do you prefer and why?
I would say Japanese dramas, only because I find that they provide more variety. Kdramas are slowly changing though. There are a few good American dramas too. Right now I’m really enjoying Wayward Pines. The first five episodes had a slow build, but once the twist comes in everything gets crazy.
8. Do you have a go-to book or music?
No, only because I’m a bit of a flip flopper and can’t stay with something for long. Even with books if there’s one that I love, then I’ll enjoy my time with it but I’d never read it again.
9. Do you have a favourite live-action series?
Sailor Moon for purely nostalgia reasons.
10. On average, how long does it take you to write up a post?
It depends on the post. If I’m doing a recap, then it will take a few hours (if it’s a drama, but shorter if it’s an anime) because I’m writing as I’m watching. I’m also grabbing pictures as this happens as well.
If it’s a first impression or just my thoughts on an episode, then it’s a lot shorter. I find that I can ramble quite easily, so the words come out quickly.
11. Where do you see your blog in five years’ time?
Hopefully still around. I’d like to continue blogging, but I don’t know if I’d be as labour intensive as I once were only because I think life will get in the way of that.
Lastly, Ikurate’s questions:
1. What is your favourite song from a Kdrama OST?
I don’t think I have one, but I think the one that’s left it’s mark on my heart is T-Max’s Paradise from Boys Over Flowers.
2. What is your favourite setting of a Kdrama?
3. Which Kdrama couple do you think has the most chemistry (doesn’t have to be a OTP)?
I liked the relationship between Nam Na Bi and Lee Woo Jae from My Love, Madame Butterfly and Cho Rim and Moo Gak from The Girl Who Could See Scents.
4. Which Kdrama character would you like to go on a vacation with?
Definitely Jo Kang Ja from Angry Mom. She seems like she’d be entertaining to go with.
5. Which Kdrama character do you think has the best wardrobe?
6. Which Kdrama have you laughed the most with?
7. Which Kdrama have you cried the most with?
I guess Angry Mom, but I don’t really tend to cry with kdramas.
8. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
I was going to go with my username, Mochi Rochi, but it seemed too long so I just shortened it to mocorochi….which doesn’t seem that much smaller.
9. Which one of your blog posts are you most proud of?
In terms of views, my posts on Valid Love were definitely a highlight. But in terms of content, I’d say Day 13 of my Anime Challenge.
10. Which Kdrama would you have never wanted to end?
Bad Guys! It’s my favourite kdrama and I loved it so much! If it could get a second season, I’d be one happy camper.
11. Pick a DBSK song!
Funny story about DBSK. Once upon a time I watched Inuyasha and BoA sang one of its ending themes. I checked her out and found out that she was Korean and sang kpop and jpop. As I was listening to her stuff, I saw that she was featured in one song by DBSK called Tri-Angle. At this point in my life, I’m not familiar with kpop and so when I watched it I was immediately turned off and never listened to another DBSK song after that. Years later my friend told me to listen to Mirotic, which was okay, but those are the only two that I’ve ever listened to.
Those are my answers to 22 questions. Woo!
Now I have to nominate some bloggers and provide 11 questions of my own.
First, here are my questions:
1. What made you start blogging?
2. What is your favourite anime/drama?
3. If you could be live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
4. What is one trend in animes/dramas that you hate?
5. What is your favourite anime/drama?
6. What is one thing that you didn’t liked about it?
7. What is your least favourite anime/drama?
8. What is one thing that you liked about it?
9. If you could change one thing in your life, what would you change and why?
10. What is your favourite joke?
11. What is one thing that you want readers to take away from your blog?
And the bloggers I nominate are:
Otaku Highschool Life. This is a relatively new blog and it’s their first time blogging, so I gotta support that. The blog talks about animes and Japan stuff as well.
East Asian Curiosities. Great little blog that talks about animes and mangas. Demelza is a fellow rambler and I’m definitely going to steal their list for the 30 Day Manga Challenge.
Lita Kino Anime Reviews First off, Lita is one of the best things from Sailor Moon. Secondly, this is a great site for anime and manga reviews. I also like how there’s a weekly feature for different blogs.
Gentlemanotoku’s Anime Circle An anime review site that is currently on summer break.
Drama Cat I only recently discovered this blog and found it after looking up thoughts on The Girl Who Could See Scents. Not a lot of posts, but I do hope they continue blogging.
Through Two Blue Eyes So, this isn’t really an anime/manga/drama blog, but it is one about YA books. I haven’t really talked about them here, but YA is a genre that I actually read a lot. I mean a lot! I use to have my own book reviewing blog where I got books from publishers because I liked it so much. I stopped, but Jamie didn’t so check out some fun YA reads here. Ps. She does have an anime blog, but I thought I’d throw this one here to provide a little variety.
Ka-chan Anime Reviews Congrats on one year blogiversary! I’ve only read a few posts, but I reallyed agreed with her views on Sasuke being a dad to Sarada. They did explain why he wasn’t around, but it’s still horrible and it doesn’t even make much sense.
The Drama Corner I’m cheating here, because I know that Snow has over 200 followers, but she does have less than 1000…so it’s all good. The Drama Corner always keeps me up to date on the latest and upcoming kdramas.
The Anime Madhouse I first discovered this blog while doing the 30 day Anime Challenge and I’ve been following it ever since. If you love animes and mangas, definitely give this one a look.
Thanks again to Taiga, Junny, and Ikurate for the award! Make sure you check out their blogs and leave a comment there as well.
Here’s to finding more bloggers and blogging!